Pages

29 March 2012

TigerJK & Tasha to promote Uijeongbu Music Festival


Hip-hop couple Tiger JK and Yoon Mirae have been picked to promote the Uijeongbu International Music Theatre Festival. As part of promotional activities, the couple will give a free concert at the city's Arts Center on May 20, the last day of the 15-day event.

Since its inauguration in 2002, the annual festival has largely featured musicals, opera and classical music. But this year pop music will take over the stage for the finale. "To make the festival more approachable to the public, we asked the couple to take on the role of promotional ambassadors, and they happily accepted the offer," the organizing committee said.

Tiger JK said he has close ties to the city. "I married and had a baby in Uijeongbu, so I can say I found love and family here." Yoon said Uijeongbu is like her hometown. "It's natural to have affection for the place where we live," she said. "I've lived here since my childhood and all my relatives also live here. I won't move away because people and the environment are great here."

Their concert in May will also feature a number of other top hip-hop musicians.

Source: The Chosun Ilbo


No comments:

Post a Comment